Monday, October 23, 2006

Jesus: The Tabernacle Revealed

This week we are in Hebrews 8 & 9. This tabernacle illustrates how Jesus is superior to the Old Covenant. (This is from a post I wrote over a month ago on Exodus on another blog)



Ex 25:8-9 “Then have them make a sanctuary for me, and I will dwell among them. Make this tabernacle and all its furnishings exactly like the pattern I will show you.”

John 1:14 “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father) full of grace and truth.”

The tabernacle is a type of Christ. It consists of the Outer Court, the Holy Place and the Holy of Holies.

Salvation

Everything in the Outer Court is connected to salvation and the cleansing of sins. There is a single gate for its entrance, an altar for sacrifices, and a laver for washing.

The Outer Courtyard Entrance (not pictured) –The Way
John 14:6 “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the father except through me”
John 10:9 “I am the door (gate), whoever enters through me will be saved.”

The Bronze Altar of Burnt Offering – The Sacrifice
John 1:29 “Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world”

The Laver – The Forgiveness
John 13:8 “Unless, I wash you, you have no part with me.”

Sanctification

As we leave the courtyard and enter the Holy Place (we enter into a relationship with Jesus.) We can see a table, a lampstand, an altar, and a veil.

Table of Showbread –
John 6:35 “I am the Bread of Life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.”

The Lampstand -
John 8:12 “I am the light of the world, whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

Altar of Incense – The High Priest
John 17:9 “I pray for them.”
John 17:20 “I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message

The Veil – The Blood and the Body
Hebrews 10:19-20 “ Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain (veil), that is, His body.”

Glorification

As we pass throught the veil and enter the Holy of Holies (we have access with God, the Father) and we behold the ark of the covenant with the mercy seat.

Ark of the Covenant

Golden Jar of Manna
John 6:51 “I am the living bread that came down from heaven.”

Aaron’s budded Rod
John 11:25 “I am the resurrection and the life.”

Tablets of the Covenant
John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

This week:
Thank God the Father that He sent His only son, Jesus, to dwell among us and fulfill all the roles in the real tabernacle in heaven.

No comments: