Saturday, June 23, 2007

Willing and Able!

Matthew 8:1-3
"When he came down from the mountain, large crowds followed Him! Right away a man with a serious skin disease came up and knelt before Him, saying, 'Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean.' Reaching out His hand He touched him, saying "I am willing, be made clean,' Immediately his disease was healed."

It's been a long time since I have added anything to the blog. I could provide numerous excuses and multiple reasons for my absence. But in reality, I just got busy doing other things. And after the 90 Days in the Bible, the creative cupboard was bare and it needed to be restocked with some time between me and the Lord. The Sunday School class is still walking through the life of Jesus. We just finished the Sermon on the Mount last week.

This brief meeting between a man with leprosy and Jesus reminds me of many things. The first is the way the man approached Jesus. He came up and knelt down. This reflect two things: Honor and Humility. The leprous man showed respect to the one who has the authority. He also showed his regard for himself in the presence of the holy and righteous Son of God. It is a lesson that I need to remember daily; The poor in spirit inherit the kingdom.

The second thing it reminds me of is the utter dependence on Jesus's will. "If you are willing, you can make me clean," Too often I approach Jesus with my desires and wishes without the proper perspective of His will.

Lastly, I am reminded we are all lepers with a disease called sin. And only Jesus can do the healing. "I am willing, be made clean." What an amazing promise and blessing!

Troy

1 comment:

Kiki Cherry said...

Hey, Troy!

I always love reading your stuff. You need to compile and publish your studies.

We are coming that way soon, but I'd rather not post that info on a public forum. Could you drop me a note at jkikicherry@gmail.com? I've had some issues with email, so changed to a new account.

Thanks. :)